Originally published on Sept. 27, 2019
Over the last few weeks, some of our customers have experienced delays in receiving Rent the Runway orders. The delays, which began Sept. 13, are due to unforeseen issues associated with a significant transformation that we are executing in our fulfillment operation. Our technical team is working to fix these issues as quickly as possible. We expect this upgrade to be completed by Oct. 15 or sooner, which will improve the Rent the Runway experience.
All of our customers rent for meaningful events, and many members rely on our subscription service to get dressed every day. We understand how frustrating this is, and here’s what we are doing to make it right:
For our subscribers:
- We will continue to work nonstop to service all your orders during this period of disruption. As we shared last week, you will continue to receive your subscription orders, but there may be delays of an additional 1 to 2 days until Oct. 15. You will be able to place orders during this period, but we advise that you order items a few days in advance of your normal schedule.
- We will be proactively reaching out to those of you who have been most affected by the delays to make this right. Please know that this will take us time. If you’ve already reached out to us, we are working around-the-clock to respond as soon as possible.
For event orders:
- If we have already missed your order, in addition to issuing you a full refund, we will also be giving you $200 to use however you like in an effort to make up for this failure. While we know no amount of money can make this right, it is our responsibility to rebuild trust with you over time.
- If your order is scheduled to arrive between Sept. 27 and Sept. 29,we have already contacted you about your order status.
- If your order is scheduled to arrive between Sept. 30 and Oct. 6, in an abundance of caution, we are canceling your order because we are not confident we will be able to fulfill it.
- If your order is scheduled to arrive on Oct. 7 or later, we expect to deliver your order as scheduled.
- Everyone experiencing a cancelled order related to this issue will be receiving a full refund and $200 to usehowever you like. We will follow up soon with specific instructions on how you will receive the $200.
- Finally, so that we can focus entirely on our current customers while we fix these issues, Rent the Runway will not be accepting any new subscribers or new event rental orders for delivery dates before Oct. 15.
Have more questions? Find FAQs below:
Is it possible to place an order for an event next weekend?
We will not be accepting any new event rental orders for delivery before Oct. 15 or accepting any new subscribers before Oct. 15.
I’m expecting a delivery for the weekend of Oct. 12 — will it still arrive?
Yes. Any order that has already been placed for delivery on or after Oct. 7 or after will be shipped.
How will I receive my $200?
Information about order refunds and instructions for receiving the $200 will be shared soon.
What if I had a negative experience with my event rental last week or recently?
If your order was canceled after Sept. 13, will be receiving a full refund and $200 to usehowever you like.
Can I become a new RTR member?
We will add you to our waitlist and look forward to serving you after Oct. 15.
I’m a RTR Unlimited/Update member. Will I receive my order?
We are working nonstop to service all your orders during this period of disruption. As we shared last week, members will continue to receive your orders, but there may be delays of an additional 1 to 2 days until Oct. 15.
As a RTR Unlimited/Update member, will I still be able to place orders?
Yes, but we advise that you order items a few days in advance of your normal schedule as there may be delays until Oct. 15.
I shipped back an order today – will I be penalized for a late return?
No. All late fees have been temporarily suspended.