It’s almost here – the new era of Rent the Runway memberships! If you’re currently an Unlimited Swap member, we know that this is a big change. In fact, we chatted with a few members that already made the switch, and here’s what they had to say.
Our goal is to make this transition as seamless as possible, which is why we’ve rounded up our top 5 tips on how to get the most out of your new membership. Keep in mind, all our new plans work the same way, it just comes down to how you want to use them!
Consider this a cheat sheet to maximizing your new plan, and bookmark this page for when it’s time to pick a new membership next month!
Tip 1: Remember Your Bill Date
New shipments unlock on your monthly bill date and can be used whenever you want during the month – we’ll help you keep track of how many you have on your homepage! You can always find your bill date by going to your Membership Settings in the RTR app or website. If you’re out of shipments for the month, you can add one whenever you want (more on that later).
Tip 2: Get the Most Out of Each Shipment
Our most requested feature is finally here: you no longer have to wait for your returns to be scanned in before picking your next shipment! Get new items faster by telling us which items you’re sending back on your homepage or the RTR app and it’ll immediately open up spots for your next shipment. Learn more about swapping here.
Things to keep in mind:
- You have the option to swap all or some of your items with each return. To get the most new items each month, we recommend sending all of your items back with each new shipment. If you choose to return a single item, that will count towards your total number shipments for the month.
- Buying an item you have at home opens a spot in your next shipment. In order to have the maximum amount of rentals at home at one time, we recommend purchasing items when you’re ready to swap for something new.
Tip 3: Customize Your Plan
You have the power to switch up your membership based on your needs, lifestyle and budget! Start with one plan and adjust as you go, adding or removing spots and shipments as you see fit. You can add an extra spot anytime you’re swapping (now for just $29/month + tax) simply by adding an extra item to your bag. Need more? Add an extra shipment for $25 – $39 + tax depending on your plan.
Tip 4: Take Advantage of the Free Fit Do-Over
It’s possible that not everything you rent will fit or wow you – and that’s okay! You’ll get one free extra shipment during the first 3 months of your new membership to exchange items that don’t end up working out. When you’re ready to use your Fit Do-Over, get in touch and we’ll help you get that set up.
Other helpful resources for finding your best fit:
- Our revolutionary Fit Insight Tool which uses your personal preferences to make real-time size recommendations.
- The thousands of product reviews left by the RTR community – they’ll give you insight into what items are true to size, styling ideas and more.
- As a member, you also receive a 25% discount on one-time rentals that include a free backup size for special occasions as well.
Tip 5: Plan Ahead
Have a special event coming up at the end of the month? A big meeting at work next week? Want to rent something special for a weekend getaway? Before you build a shipment, think about everything on your calendar (big or small!) and rent accordingly. If a last-minute invite comes up, you can always add an extra shipment so that you’re never without an outfit you love!
We’re constantly working to evolve the renting experience to ensure that we’re continuing to offer smarter, more sustainable ways to get dressed.
Loyalty discounts and Fit Do-Over exclusive to former Unlimited members.